So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them. -Genesis 1:27-
When God created mankind, He created us in his image. He made sure to identify that He was referring to both male and female so that there was no confusion as to who He was specifically talking to. An image is a likeness of a person so therefore when God created us, he created us to be like Him.
What is the likeness of God?
- God is a creator-Genesis 1:1
- God is perfect-James 1:17; Psalm 18:30
- God does not lie or break promises-Numbers 23:19
- God is forgiving-John 3:16
- God loves unconditionally-Romans 6:23
- God is giving-James 1:17
- God understands that we are not perfect-1 Corinthians 10:13
- God builds us up-Joshua 1:8-9
- God is strong-Psalm 46:13
- God knows exactly who he is and what he capable of-Exodus 3:14
- God is compassionate-Psalm 116:5
This list can go on for ever because God is everything to everyone. We as humans should strive to be all these things to one another because this is the way God created us; in His image.
One thought on “The Image of God”
Great post! Have a great day!